IntroductionThe digital world demands that we manage our careers in a completely new way. The last ten years have been nothing less than a revolution for how and why people’s careers flourish or wither. And if you have no idea how to respond to this, you are not alone. So this is both a problem – because so little exists in terms of new rules, and a tremendous opportunity – because in the words of Erasmus, ‘In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
The GSCG reveals what this revolution means for anyone either in a job or looking for their next one. And more importantly, how you can take a permanent lead with the simple application of some game-changing career management strategies.
The GSCG is divided into two issues that parallel the changes happening in the world of jobs and hiring.
- Internal changes that employers and businesses are adopting and,
- External changes that may affect your career opportunities.
- Globalization and off-shoring: Establishing world-class excellence.
- Technology, AI and Robotics: Critical awareness to keep you ahead of the curve.
- Disruptive business models: Career & Job Agility.
- Education and the speed of change: Opportune acumen and savvy.
- Demographics and the ageing population: Evolving relevance.
- Financial resilience: financial choices to increase stability.
Internal changes will be published in the first or second week of each quarter:
External changes will be published six weeks later (mid-quarter).
Return to the Career Guide Landing Page